This year the Cathedral is very excited to be celebrating our 150 year Anniversary. We have an exciting programme which includes the following:
- June 12th: Parish Luncheon: All the parish should get together after the 09h00 service and we bring and share our food. It’s not a bring and share braai like we have had, but a luncheon at no cost to anyone except a bit more extra food.
- July 30 & 31st: Historical exhibition of “the Cathedral through the ages”. Fr Lazarus will do guided tours through the Cathedral and in the hall I plan to have displays of like choir members through the ages, servers through the ages – do you recognise someone /can you put a name to the face? We also have lost of service sheets and memorabilia from the visit of the royal family to the Cathedral in 1947.
- Sept 3rd: High tea in the hall with a motivational speaker and people selling Tupperware, jewellery, Avon and such like for ladies. Gents welcome too.
- Oct 2nd: Our Patronal Festival: the highlight of the year: a formal Luncheon with the Bishop of Blackburn and hopefully the mayor. 3 courses, sit down formal meal.
- Oct 31st: The Archbishop Thabo will visit us and we will have some kind of meal together – possibly a bring and braai. Not so formal.
- Nov 19th: Debutante’s ball: Girls and boys raise money for the Cathedral and the one that collects the most will be the prince and princess at the ball.
We will be selling 150 Year promotional items throughout the year – watch the website for more details…